UMMA offers a convenient downtown space for your meetings or special events.
The entire museum is available during non-public hours (Monday through Saturday after 5:00 pm) All events must end by 10:00 pm unless otherwise agreed upon by prior arrangement. A multi-purpose room is also available for rent during business hours. Please see Rental Policy and Agreement for specifics.
Fees and Charges
- UMMA is available for receptions with 100 people or less for up to three hours, plus one hour set-up/breakdown time for $350. Each additional hour is $100. Rental is also available to non-profit organizations at a 20% discount.
- UMMA facility for up to three hours, plus one hour set-up/breakdown time. Each additional hour is $100.
- UMMA event coordinator fee (including set-up, event and cleanup time)
- General Security
- Five highboy cocktail tables
- Two 30” x 96” tables (linens not included)
- Coat rack
Available for Rent
- Four circular tables (seats eight) – $8.00 per table
- Four 30 x 96” tables – $8.00 per table
- Black linens (fit circular and rectangular tables) – $ 9.00 per linen
- Two 10 x 10’ gazebo style tents – $35.00 per tent
- Thirty two (32) red plastic chairs – $20.00
- Seventy five (75) upholstered chairs – $30.00
- Wine glasses (11 oz.) – .20 per glass
- Podium – $20.00
For additional facility hours the fee is $100 per hour.
A $175.00 security/cleaning deposit is required in addition to the rental fee. This security/cleaning deposit will be held and returned within 10 business days if there is no damage to the facility (as deemed by the museum staff) and/or extensive clean up required (e.g. spills on the carpet requiring professional cleaning, scuffs on walls requiring repainting, etc).
“Many, many thanks to you and everyone at UMMA for welcoming us last Thursday night for the Bank’s Women & Money seminar. We felt comfortable and very much at home and will definitely look to host more events there. I really enjoyed talking with you during the event and learning more about the museum and its collection.”
Public Relations Officer
Camden National Corporation
“I recently had a corporate event at the University of Maine’s Museum of Art and it was great! The setting, of course, was lovely. But the Museum staff went beyond any of my expectations in their efforts with my guests, my staff and I. They were so friendly, helpful and professional. It was really a lovely evening and my clients were delighted. Thank you!”
Marion R. Syversen, MBA